Contact Number: 05662250909
Father’s name: Mr. Harish Chandra Dubey
Mother’s Name: Mrs. Vidya Dubey
D.O.B.: Jun15, 1985
Marital Status: Single
To teach at a place where values are valued; where there is enough space for professional growth; where I can get some challenging teaching assignments and students who wish to learn.
- High school in 2000, from G.I.C. Pratapgarh, U.P. Board, Sub: Hindi, English, Maths, Science &Sanskrit with 55.2% of marks
- Intermediate in 2002 from G.I.C. Pratapgarh, U.P. Board, sub: Hindi, Maths ,English, Physics, Chemistry, with 64.2%
- Graduation in 2006 from University of Allahabad, Sub: English Literature, Political Science & Ancient History, with 59.3% of marks.
- Post graduation in2008, from university of Allahabad , in English literature with 63% of marks (secured third rank in the class)
- D.Phil. from the University of Allahabad, under the supervision of Prof. Arindam Chaterji after qualifying Combined Research Entrance Test- 2008. Completed on June 10th, 2015.
- July 21, 2011- Dec 12, 2014: Taught in the Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, and Punjab as a Lecturer in the Dept. of English.
- Jan 3, 2015- Apr 15, 2015: Taught in N.C. College of Engineering, Isarana Panipat, Haryana as Lecturer in Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities.
- Apr 15, 2015- July 31st, 2015 : Taught as an Assistant Professor in the department of Career Advancement, Mangalayatan University, Aligarh.
- Aug 1st, 2015 –Present: Teaching at GLA University Mathura as Asst. Professor, in the Department of English.
Research Papers, Seminars and Conferences:
- Participated in the International Seminar on ‘The Novel in the twenty-first Century: Text and Context’ organized by the University of Allahabad University on November 29 to December 1, 2009.
- Participated and presented paper on the topic: ‘The Reflection of Third Space in The Inheritance of Loss’ in the National Seminar on ‘21st Century Indian English Novel’ organized by Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidya Peeth on Feb 5 an 6, 2011.
- Participated in the National Workshop on ‘Women Workers-Trends and Trade’ organized by S.S. Khanna Girl’s Degree College, University of Allahabad on Feb 14, 2011.
- Participated and presented paper on the topic: ‘The Loss of Aesthetic Properties in the Movie Adaptation of R.K. Narayan’s The Guide’ in the U.G.C. sponsored two days National Conference on ‘Re-visiting the Fictional World of R. K. Narayan’ organized by Jagdish Chandra D.A.V. College, Dauya Distt. Hoshiarpur, Punjab.
- Participated and presented paper on the topic: ‘The Third Space in Anita Desai’s In Custody’ in the National Seminar on Nov 30, 2012 organised by Lovely Professional University Punjab.
- Participated in the Workshop for English Language Teachers and Trainers on Feb 9 and 10, 2013 organised by University of Cambridge ESOL at Lovely Professional University.
- Participated and presented a paper entitled: ‘Epiphany of Identity Ensuing as Violence in Anita Desai’ at the National Seminar at Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Punjab.
- Organized National Seminar as a Member of Organizing committee at Lovely Professional University on the topic: ‘Reorienting and Contextualizing Violence and its Spaces in the Globalized, Post Modern World Order.’
- Participated and presented paper in the International Seminar on Reading/Understanding Fiction in the Contemporary Times, on the topic, Reorienting ‘Metaphors’: a Study of the Relationship Between Hegemony and Subalternism in Anita Desai, organized by Department of English, Banaras Hindu University, on March 5 and 6, 2014.
- Participated and presented paper entitled ‘Freedom Vs Non-Freedom: A Study of Multiple ‘Self ’ and ‘Other’ in Richard Flanagan’s Narrow Road to the Deep North ’ in the International Conference on Contesting ‘Self’ and ‘Other’ : Identities of Caste, Tribe, Gender and Beyond on March 27 and 28, 2015 by Assam University, Diphu Campus, and Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies, Kolkata and Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi.
- Participated and Presented paper entitled, ‘Women Empowerment: A Mere Lord Mayor’s Cry?’ in the National Conference on March 31st, 2015 organized by Maharshi Markandeshwar University, Mullana, Ambala and sponsored by Indian Council of Contemporary Researchers.
- Published paper entitled, ‘Multiple Clefts in Richard Flanagan’s Narrow Road to the Deep North’ in the Achievers Journal, Volume 1, Issue 2.on 29th Sep 2015. ISSN (online): 23950897 ISBN (print): 24542296
Extra Curricular Activities:
- Diploma in computer application.
- Won prizes in various essay n& G.K. Competitions
- Played cricket at school level.
- Acted as Cultural Coordinator and have been busy in various cultural activities in the Department of English, Lovely Professional University Punjab.
- Hindi: Reading, Writing and Speaking
- English: Reading, Writing and Speaking
- French: Elementary Knowledge
- Sanskrit: Reading and Writing
- Punjabi: Speaking
- Awadhi: Reading, Writing and Speaking
- Listening to fast music and old songs, playing chess &cricket.
- Watching sports.
- Reading books fiction, short stories and philosophy books.
Well equipped with basic computer knowledge- typing, using word-processors, PowerPoint presentations, Office, Excel etc.
I hereby declare that the above mentioned information is true to the best of my knowledge.
Ravi Prakash Dubey