Contact Number: 9359902043
Pankaj Garg, Ph.D.-Chemistry ( Biomedical Chemistry)
Designation: Assistant Professor, Deptt. of Chemistry,
(GLA University, Mathura)
Experience: 7 years (Both Teaching & Research)
Address: 12/123, Nai Ki Mandi, Katra Hathi Shah,
Agra (U.P.) 282010, India.
Phone: 91-562 -2264303, 09359902043
- Medicinal Approaches of Nano-Chemistry; Radiolabeling bioconjugates- i.e. Antibodies, Peptides for Cancer targeting.
- Applications of Organic biomolecules in Medicinal Chemistry- Phytoremediation, Chemical Speciation.
Academic Scholarship at National Level:
Selected as Junior Research fellow in the research scholarship scheme of Tata Memorial, Mumbai and worked for Ph.D. thesis on the topic entitled “Development and study of Novel Radio-labeled Biotin (Vit. H) compounds, suitable to use for radio-immuno targeting in Cancer”, under the supervision of an eminent Scientist Prof. D. K. Hazra, Nuclear Medicine & Radio Immuno Assay unit, S.N. Medical College, Agra, India.
- Post-Doc Research (2010-2012): Worked as Honorary research fellow, at ‘Innovative Cancer and Therapy Research Foundation’ Agra, to continue work on novel radiolabelled agents for Cancer therapy.
- Ph.D. (May-2009): Chemistry : (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra, India, - formerly Agra University), under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) D.K. Hazra, S.N. Medical College, Agra & Dr. Ajay Taneja, St. John’s Degree College, Agra, India.
- M.Sc. (2002): Spec: Organic Chemistry (Ist Class), Department of Chemical Sciences, Agra College, Agra, India.
- B.Sc. (1999): Biological Sciences (Ist Class) - Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Department of Biological Sciences, Agra College, Agra, India.
- Intermediate Sciences (1995): (Ist Class - with Distinction in Physics and Chemistry), State Board, India.
- High School Sciences (1993): (Ist Class), I.C.S.E. Board, New Delhi, India.
Work Experience & Practical Training :
- Experienced in Chromatography - both column and thin layer for analysis and characterization.
- Experienced in safe handling of radioisotopes and radio-labeling of compounds.
- Experienced in care and handling of laboratory animals & in creating experimental models of Tumors.
- Experienced in handling of instruments like ‘SPECT Gamma Camera’ (SIEMENS, Germany) for imaging of experimental animal models, ‘Auto Gamma Counter’ (PACKARD, Germany) for counting in dissected organs, Deluxe Isotope Calibrator (VICTOREEN, U.S.A.) for measuring the radioactivity.
- Participated in orientation training programme at 'National Jalma Institute For Leprosy & Other Mycobacterial Diseases', (NJIL & OMD) Agra, India and have gained an elementary knowledge of the basic Molecular Biology techniques.
- Participated in orientation training programme organized by bioinformatics infra-structure facility (BIF) funded by Dept. of Biotechnology, New Delhi at NJIL & OMD Agra, India and have gained an introductory knowledge of bioinformatics tools.
- Symposium attended on ‘Quality in Radiological Imaging and Radiation Safety of Patients & Staff’ at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi, India.
- Workshop attended on “Application of Nano-materials in Modern Technology (April 2015) organized by ‘Department of Chemistry’ GLA University, Mathura.
Teaching and writing experience:
- Presently working as Assistant Professor of Chemistry, at Department of Applied Sciences, GLA University, Mathura.
- Ex-Associate Program Coordinator and examination coordinator for the GLA Polytechnic University.
- Worked as guest lecturer at Inst. of Basic Sciences, Dr. BRA Univ (Agra University) khandari campus Agra, teaching chemistry for M.Sc. & M. Phil. students.
- Contributing for writing science books and articles for reputed publishing houses.
- Experienced in teaching (chemistry and biology) for premedical entrance students and other competitive levels.
Editorial Board Member of Academic Journals:
- Selected as editorial board member of 'American Journal Research Communication (AJRC), USA.
- Selected as reviewer for the journal (PNT) Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology(Bentham Science Publishers-http://bsp-cms.eurekaselect.com/ )
Well trained to use P.C. with Microsoft word, web-search for scientific materials etc.
Research Work Published in National and International Scientific Journals:
- Radio-Immuno targeting in India with special reference to hepatic metastases: Recent advances: D.K. Hazra, A.K. Gupta, S. Saxena, S.K. Sharma, P.K. Hazra, S. Gupta, P.Garg. ‘IAEA-CN-130 / ISTR-2005; TECDOC- Pg. 135P - 136P, Vienna, Austria’.
- Optimization of antibody constructs for Radioimmuno therapy: Evaluating multi Fab constructs. “Padmallika K. Hazra, Daya Hazra, Arun Gupta, Pankaj Garg” et al ‘Journal Nuclear Medicine 2006, vol. 47 (supplement-1); Pg. 414 – 415 , U.S.A.’.
- “Pretargeting in Radio-bioconjugate therapy: With reference to Rhenium Re-186, Gold Au-199 & Lutetium Lu-177 as candidate therapy isotopes. D.K. Hazra & Pankaj Garg. “Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine, March 2007; Vol. 22 (No.1): Pg. 1 – 8.
- Modulating tumour uptake of a therapy radiobioconjugate by external intervention: What is the best method. P.H. Khanna, D.K. Hazra, A.K. Gupta, P.Garg, P.K. Gangwar, A. Kumar. “Indian Jour. of Nuclear Medicine” Dec. 2007, Vol. 22 (No. 4): Pg. 104 -105.
- Small animals in radio-pharmaceutical research: With particular reference to radio-bioconjugate targeting. P.Garg, D.K. Hazra, A.K. Gupta, P.H. Khanna, A. Taneja “Indian Jour. of Nuclear Medicine” ( I.J.N.M). Dec. 2007, Vol. 22 (No. 4): Pg. 111.
- Biodistribution of radio-labeled biotin vis a vis biodistribution of radio-labeled gamma-globulin. P.Garg, D.K. Hazra, A.K. Gupta, P. Khanna Hazra P.K. Gangwar, N.K. Sharma, A.Taneja ‘Indian Jour. of Nuclear Medicine’ .Dec. 2006, Vol. 2, No. 4: Pg. 80.
- Radio-labeling stem cells: An urgent need in nuclear medicine. D.K. Hazra, P.Garg, A.K. Gupta, P. Khanna Hazra P.K. Gangwar, N.K. Sharma, “Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine” Dec. 2006 Vol.2, No (4) : Pg. 80-81.
- Technetium labeling of Biotin: A model for Rhenium labeling. D.K. Hazra,A.K. Gupta, P.Garg, P. Khanna Hazra P.K. Gangwar, N.K. Sharma “Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine” 2005, Vol. 20, No. 4, Pg. 103 - 104.
- Patient Hazards in Radio-bioconjugate (RB) therapy. D.K. Hazra,A.K. Gupta, S.Gupta, P. Khanna Hazra P.K. Gangwar, P.Garg. ‘I.J.N.M’. Dec., 2004 Vol. 19, No. 4: Pg. 154.
- Combination of Radio bio-conjugate therapy with other modalities. Recent advances: D.K. Hazra,A.K. Gupta, P. Khanna Hazra, S.Gupta, P.K. Gangwar, P.Garg. “Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine” Dec., 2004, Vol. 19, No. 4: Pg. 155.
- “Radiolabeling of antibodies in Cancer therapy: Possible linkage to nanoparticle therapy with radiolabeled Gold”. Pankaj Garg “National Conference on Nano Devices,Modeling, Simulation & Fabrication NCND-2015, Abstract Issue; Pg: 66
- An article entitled “Radiolabeling of antibodies in Cancer therapy: Possible linkage to nanoparticle therapy with radiolabeled Gold”. (Abstract approved & full-length has been contributed in ‘Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology & Medicine Journal for possible publication).
- A research paper entitled “Optimization of Technetium (Tc-99) labeling of Biotin: A precursor model for Rhenium labeling”, is in process, for possible contribution to ‘World Journal of nuclear Medicine’.