Contact Number: 7017685364
Pankaj Garg,Ph.D.-Chemistry (Biomedical Chemistry)
Designation: Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, (GLA University,Mathura)
Experience:10 years (Both Teaching & Research)
Address:12/123, Nai Ki Mandi, Katra Hathi Shah, Agra (U.P.) 282010, India
Phone: 7017685364, 9359902043
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Medicinal Approaches of Nuclear & nano-Chemistry; Radiolabeling bioconjugates- i.e. Antibodies, Peptides etc. for Cancer targeting.
- Applications of Organic biomolecules in Medicinal Chemistry-Phytoremediation, Chemical Speciation etc.
Academic Scholarship at National Level:
Selected as Junior Research fellow (JRF) in the research scholarship scheme of Tata Memorial, Mumbai and worked for Ph.D. thesis on the topic entitled “Development and study of Novel Radio-labeled Biotin (Vit. H) compounds, suitable to use for radio-immunotargeting in Cancer”, under the supervision of an eminent Scientist Prof. D. K. Hazra, Nuclear Medicine & Radio-Immuno Assay unit, S.N. Medical College, Agra, India.
- Post-Doc Research: Innovative Cancer and Therapy Research, Mumbai, to continue work on novel radio-labeled agents for Cancer Therapy.
- Ph.D. : Chemistry : (Dr. B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra, India, formerly Agra University), under the guidance of Prof. (Dr.) D.K. Hazra, S.N. Medical College, Agra& St. John’s Degree College, Agra, India.
- M.Sc. Chemical Sciences: Spec: Organic Chemistry (IstClass), Department of Chemical Sciences, Agra College, Agra, India.
- B.Sc.: Biological Sciences(Ist Class) - Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Department of Biological Sciences, Agra College, Agra, India.
- Intermediate Sciences: (Ist Class-with Distinction in Physics, Chemistry & Biology), State Board, India.
- High School Sciences: (Ist Class), I.C.S.E. Board, New Delhi, India.
Work Experience & Practical Training:
- Experienced in Chromatography - both column and thin layer for analysis and characterization.
- Experienced in safe handling of radioisotopes and radiolabeling of compounds.
- Experienced in care and handling of laboratory animals & in creating experimental models of Tumors.
- Experienced in handling of instruments like ‘SPECT Gamma Camera’ (SIEMENS, Germany) for imaging of experimental animal models, ‘Auto Gamma Counter’ (PACKARD, Germany) for counting in dissected organs, Deluxe Isotope Calibrator (VICTOREEN, U.S.A.) for measuring the radioactivity.
- Gained knowledge of the basic Molecular Biology techniques from 'National Jalma Institute For Leprosy & Other Mycobacterial Diseases', (NJIL & OMD) Agra, India
- Introductory knowledge of bioinformatics tools by bioinformatics infra-structure facility (BIF) funded by Dept. of Biotechnology, New Delhi at NJIL & OMD Agra, India.
- Quality in Radiological Imaging and Radiation Safety of Patients & Staff’ from All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) New Delhi, India.
- Handling of Nanomaterials in Modern Technology, Department of Chemistry’ GLA University, Mathura.
Teaching and writing experience:
- Presently working as Assistant Professor of Chemistry, Department of chemistry, Institute of Applied Sciences, GLA University, Mathura.
- Ex-Associate Program Coordinator and examination coordinator for the GLA Polytechnic University.
- Worked as guest lecturer at Inst. of Basic Sciences, Dr. BRA Univ (Agra University) khandari campus Agra, teaching chemistry for M.Sc. & M. Phil. students.
- Contributing for writing science books and articles for reputed publishing houses.
- Experienced in teaching (chemistry and biology) for premedical entrance students and other competitive levels.
Experience of Handling research projects as PI & Co-PI
- Working as Principal Investigator (PI) in a project entitled “Spatial distribution of Uranium and associated water quality parameters in selected water samples, project approved and funded by Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS, Mumbai), 2019.
- Working as Co-Principal Investigator (Co-PI) in a project entitled Development of thermally stable radiation resistant organosilicate based paint formulations for corrosion control for high temperature applicability, approved and funded by Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS, Mumbai), 2018. Worked as Research Associate (RA) in an ICMR funded project “Development and study of Flavonoid embedded metal nanoparticles for possible inhibition of tumor growth.
- Worked as Junior Research fellow (JRF) of Lady Tata Memorial, Mumbai, on a research project entitled “Development and study of Novel Radio-labeled Biotin (Vit. H) compounds, suitable to use for radio-immuno targeting in Cancer”,Editorial Board Member of Academic Journals:
- Editorial board member of 'American Journal Research Communication (AJRC), USA.
- Editorial board member of Euro Asia Research and Development Association, Kuala Lampur, Malayasia.
- Selected as reviewer for the journal (PNT) Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology(Bentham Science Publishers-http://bsp-cms.eurekaselect.com/)
Well trained to use P.C. with scientific tools, web-search for scientific materials etc.
Research Work Published in National and International ScientificJournals:
- Filamentous Bacteriophage: A prospective platform for targeting therapeutic druds in phage mediated Cancer therapy. Pankaj Garg, Journal of Cancer Research & Therapeutics 2019;2012-18.
- Conjugation of Antibodies with Radiogold Nanoparticles, as an Effector Targeting Agents in Radiobioconjugate Cancer Therapy: Optimized Lbeling and Biodistribution studies.Garg P, Hazra DK. Indian J Nucl Med 2017;32:296-303.
- Radio-Immuno targeting in India with special reference to hepatic metastases: Recent advances: D.K. Hazra, A.K. Gupta, S. Saxena, S.K. Sharma, P.K. Hazra, S. Gupta, P.Garg. ‘IAEA-CN-130 / ISTR-2005; TECDOC- Pg. 135P - 136P, Vienna, Austria’.
- Optimization of antibody constructs for Radioimmuno therapy: Evaluating multi Fab constructs. “Padmallika K. Hazra, Daya Hazra, Arun Gupta, Pankaj Garg” et al ‘Journal Nuclear Medicine 2006, vol. 47 (supplement-1); Pg. 414 – 415 , U.S.A.’.
- “Pretargeting in Radio-bioconjugate therapy: With reference to Rhenium Re-186, Gold Au-199 & Lutetium Lu-177 as candidate therapy isotopes. D.K. Hazra &Pankaj Garg. “Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine, March 2007; Vol. 22 (No.1): Pg. 1 – 8.
- Modulating tumour uptake of a therapy radiobioconjugate by external intervention: What is the best method. P.H. Khanna, D.K. Hazra, A.K. Gupta, P.Garg, P.K. Gangwar, A. Kumar. “Indian Jour. of Nuclear Medicine” Dec. 2007, Vol. 22 (No. 4): Pg. 104 -105.
- Small animals in radio-pharmaceutical research: With particular reference to radio-bioconjugate targeting. P.Garg, D.K. Hazra, A.K. Gupta, P.H. Khanna, A. Taneja “Indian Jour. of Nuclear Medicine” (I.J.N.M). Dec.
2007, Vol. 22 (No. 4): Pg. 111.
- Biodistribution of radio-labeled biotin vis a vis biodistribution of radiolabeled gamma-globulin. P.Garg, D.K. Hazra, A.K. Gupta, P. Khanna Hazra P.K. Gangwar, N.K. Sharma, A.Taneja ‘Indian Jour. of Nuclear Medicine’ .Dec.
2006, Vol. 2, No. 4: Pg. 80.
- Radio-labeling stem cells: An urgent need in nuclear medicine. D.K. Hazra,P.Garg, A.K. Gupta, P. Khanna Hazra P.K. Gangwar, N.K. Sharma, “Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine” Dec. 2006 Vol.2, No (4) : Pg. 80-81.
- Technetium labeling of Biotin: A model for Rhenium labeling. D.K. Hazra,A.K. Gupta, P.Garg, P. Khanna Hazra P.K. Gangwar, N.K. Sharma “Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine” 2005, Vol. 20, No. 4, Pg. 103 - 104.
- Patient Hazards in Radio-bioconjugate (RB) therapy. D.K. Hazra,A.K. Gupta, S.Gupta, P. Khanna Hazra P.K. Gangwar, P.Garg. ‘I.J.N.M’. Dec., 2004 Vol. 19, No. 4: Pg. 154.
- Combination of Radio bio-conjugate therapy with other modalities. Recent advances: D.K. Hazra,A.K. Gupta, P. Khanna Hazra, S.Gupta, P.K. Gangwar, P.Garg.“Indian Journal of Nuclear Medicine” Dec., 2004, Vol. 19, No. 4: Pg. 155.
- “Radiolabeling of antibodies in Cancer therapy: Possible linkage to nanoparticle therapy with radiolabeled Gold”. Pankaj Garg “NationalConference on Nano Devices,Modeling, Simulation & Fabrication NCND2015, Abstract Issue; Pg: 66Manu-Script Communicated:
- Phytochemical potential of dihydroxy flavones embedded gold nanoparticles in inhibition of tumor growth.. (Abstract approved & fulllength has been contributed in ‘Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology & Medicine Journal for possible publication).
- A research paper entitled “Optimization of Technetium (Tc-99) labeling of Biotin: A precursor model for Rhenium labeling”, is in process, for possible contribution to ‘World Journal of nuclear Medicine’.