Contact Number: 9557128441
To gain a wide range of experience to enhance my skills and utilize the learning to the best in every challenge face in my profession and contribute to the growth of the nation and organization.
- Medical Microbiology and Molecular Biology
- Food Microbiology and Fermentation Technology
- Environmental Remediation Technology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Microbiology (2013) from Department of Microbiology & FST, Faculty of Science, GITAM University, Visakhapatnam, A. P., India.
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Microbiology (2008) from H.N.B. Garhwal University, Srinagar, Uttarakhand, India.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Medical Microbiology (2006) from H.N.B. Garhwal University, Srinagar, Uttarakhand, India.
Ph.D. THESIS SUPERVISED
Awarded/ Completed : NIL
Working : 01
POSTGRADUATE THESIS SUPERVISRED
Completed/ Awarded : 10
Working : NIL
- Principal Investigator and Senior Research Fellow of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR – New Delhi), Research project entitled “Bioremediation of heavy metals from industrial effluents using cyanobacterial strains” at GITAM University, Visakhapatnam from 21. 09. 2011 to 31.07.2014.
- Worked as a “Food safety auditor” under “TQS Global Management System”, during “XIX COMMON WEALTH GAMES – 2010 New Delhi”.
- A training program for the period of six month in UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (University Of Delhi) Delhi – 110 095 with a rotation schedule in Clinical Biochemistry, Medical Microbiology, Blood Bank, Clinical Pathology and Hematology, Histopathology, Biochemistry and Cytology departments.
- Completed Project entitled “Detection and Algorithm of Anti – HIV in Blood Bank” in I.M.A. Blood Bank of Uttaranchal, Dehradun – 248 001.
RESEARCH ARTICLES PUBLISHED IN NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL JOURNALS
- Kaizar Hossain, Gaurav Pant, A. Y. Maruthi, Norli Ismail (2016) Vulnerabilities of macrophytes distribution due to climate change. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. In press.
- Kaizar Hossain, Shlrene Quaik, Gaurav Pant and Shaik Rameeja (2016). Climate Change-Perceived Impacts on Agriculture, Vulnerability and Response Strategies for Improving Adaptation Practice in Developing Countries (South Asian Region). International Journal of Agricultural Research. 11 (1): 1-12.
- Kaizar Hossain, Shlrene Quaik, Gaurav Pant, Sarita Yadav,Y.A. Maruthi, Mohd Rafatullah, Mohammed Nasir and Norli Ismail (2015) Arsenic Fate in the Ground Water and its Effect on Soil-Crop Systems. Research Journal of Environmental Toxicology 9 (5), 231-240.
- Gaurav Pant, Anil Prakash, J.V.P. Pavani, Sayantan Bera, G.V.N.S. Deviram, Ajay Kumar, Mitali Panchpuri, Ravi Gyana Prasuna (2015) Production, optimization and partial purification of protease from Bacillus subtilis. Journal of Taibah University for Science. 9(1), 50–55.
- G.V.N.S. Deviram, Gaurav Pant and R. Gyana Prasuna (2013) Biochemical Changes Induced by Fungicides in Nitrogen Fixing Nostoc sp. J Environ. Science & Engg. 55, 81-93.
- NCBI GenBank sequence - “Anabaena variabilis GITAM RGP”Accession Number Details – (JX134587) 1 sequence (20th Aug 2012) Authors: Pant, G & Prasuna, R. G.
- Pant G and Prasuna RG (2012) Effect of electric current on resistance and heterocyst differentiation in Anabaena variabilis Kütz. International Journal on Algae. 14 (1), 71-78.
- Pant G, Kumar G, Karthik L, Prasuna RG and Rao KVB (2012) Effect of electric treatment on total phenolic content and antioxidant activity of Anabaena variabilis. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. 4 (4), 128-131.
- Gaurav Pant, Nitesh Nayak and R. Gyana Prasuna (2012) Enhancement of antidandruff activity of shampoo by biosynthesized silver nanoparticles from Solanum trilobatum plant leaf. Applied Nanoscience. 3, 431–439.
- G.V.N.S. Deviram, Saidani, Gaurav Pant and R. Gyana Prasuna (2012)The effect of iterated use of Chlorpyrifos on three species of cyanobacteria isolated from rice fields.Elixir Agriculture. 44, 7233-7237.
- Pant G, Kumar G, Karthik L, Prasuna RG and Rao KVB (2011) Antioxidant activity of methanolic extract of blue green algae Anabaena sp. (Nostocaceae). European Journal Biology of Experimental. 1 (1), 156-162.
- Pant G, Deviram GVNS, Md. Asif and Prasuna RG (2011) Enhanced copper sorption from solutions by cyanobacterial isolates exposed to electric field. Elixir Pollution. 40, 5529-5533.
- G.V.N.S. Deviram, Saidani, Gaurav Pant and R. Gyana Prasuna (2011) Antimicrobial activity of pesticide adapted cyanobacteria on fungal pathogens of rice. European Journal of Experimental Biology.1(4), 50-54.
NATIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL SEMINARS /CONFERENCES
- Oral presentation at Microbes in Extreme Environment: Diversity and Translational Applications (MEEDTA- 2015), jointly organized by H. N. B. Garhwal University, Srinagar, Garhwal and Association of Microbiologist of India, Srinagar – Garhwal Unit, during October 30 – 31, 2015.
- Presented a Poster entitled “Effect of electric treatment on antioxidant and anticancer activity of Anabaena variabilis GITAM RGP” at IACMI – 2014 (Indian association of veterinary microbiologists immunologists and specialists in infectious diseases) on 30 October – 1 November. “Challenges and opportunities in animal health at the face of globalization and climate change” held at Department of veterinary microbiology & immunology, U.P. Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidhyalaya Evam Go-Anusandhan Sansthan (DUVASU), Mathura with GLA University, Mathura, U.P.
- 1st position in oral presentation at National conference on Bioprocess Technology : Basics, Advancements & challenges (BTBAC 2014) organized by Jaipur National University, during 13th September 2014 at Jaipur, India.
- Presented a Poster entitled “Effect of electric treatment on antioxidant and anticancer activity of Anabaena variabilis GITAM RGP” at XXVII Annual convention of Indian association of veterinary microbiologists, immunologists and specialists in infectious diseases (IAVMI), 30th October – 1st November 2014 at GLA University Mathura. U.P.
- Oral presentation at National conference on “A prospective approach in Herbal Medicine and Microbiology - 2014”, jointly organized by Sivaraj Siddha Medical College, Tamil Nadu and Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) - DST, during 22nd and 23rd November, 2014.
- Participated in National Seminar on “PEACEFUL APPLICATIONS OF ATOMIC ENERGY” jointly organized by GITAM Institute of Science and Public Awareness Division, Department of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India, Mumbai, during 22 – 23 February 2012 at GITAM University, Visakhapatnam.
- Oral presentation at ANDHRA PRADESH SCIENCE CONGRESS – 2011, jointly organized by GITAM University and Andhra Pradesh Akademi of Sciences, during 14 – 16 November, 2011.
- Participated in National conference on “SUSTAINABLE FOOD SECURITY AND SAFETY” organized by Department of Microbiology and Food Science & Technology, GITAM University on 20 – 21 December 2011.
- Presented a Poster entitled “EFFECT OF ELECTRIC CURRENT ON GROWTH AND HETEROCYST DIFFERENTIATION IN CYANOBACTERIA”. 98th Indian Science Congress”, January 3 – 7, 2011. “Section of Environmental Sciences” held at SRM University, Chennai.
- Oral presentation at International symposium on “CURRENT APPROACHES IN BIORESOURCE MANAGEMENT” organized by Department of Biotechnology, Dr. V. S. Krishna Govt. College, Visakhapatnam, during 8th and 9th March 2010.
- Participated in National seminar entitled “NEW HORIZONS IN MICROBIOLOGY” organized by Department of Microbiology and Food Science & Technology, GITAM University on 23rd February 2010.
- Participated in International Conference, “7th Asia – Pacific Conference on Algal Biotechnology” jointly organized by Department of Botany, University of Delhi, and Indian Physiological society, New Delhi, on December 1ST – 4th, 2009.
- Participated in National Seminar entitled “SAFE DRINKING WATER AND ITS MANAGEMENT” organized by GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University on 25th September, 2009.
- Participated in National Seminar entitled “LIFE STYLE DISEASE MANAGEMENT – ROLE OF FOOD SCIENCE AND NUTRITION” organized by Department of Microbiology and Food Science & Technology, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University on 3rd and 4th September 2009.
WORKSHOPS AND TRAINING PROGRAM
- Attended a certified workshop of “American Society for Microbiology” on “Culture of Responsibility” organized in Jaipur National University, during 27th – 28th March 2015 at Jaipur, India.
- Attended the training program on “X – RAY POWDER DIFFRACTION” organized by Department of Chemistry, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University on 28th November 2011 at Visakhapatnam.
- Participated in the workshop on “BIODIVERSITY – ENVIRONMENTAL CHALLENGES & PEREPECTIVES” jointly organized by Department of Environmental Studies, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University with Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), New Delhi and Deccan Development Society (DDS), Hyderabad held during 24th March 2011 at GITAM University, Visakhapatnam.
- Participated in the workshop on “ADVANCES IN BIOINFORMATICS IN BIOLOGY TEACHING AND RESEARCH” held during 12 – 14 February 2010 at the Department of Marine Living Resources, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam.
- Participated in the workshop on “CLIMATE CHANGE – CHALLENGES AND FUTURE PROSPECTS” jointly organized by Department of Environmental Studies, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University with Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), New Delhi and Deccan Development Society (DDS), Hyderabad held during 9th February 2010 at GITAM University, Visakhapatnam.
1. Dr. R. Gyana Prasuna,
Associate Professor & Head,
Department of Microbiology and Food Science & Technology,
GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University,
Visakhapatnam, A.P. – 530 045. India.
Mail Id. – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mob. - +91 8912840472.
2. Prof. Ch. Rama Krishna,
Director UGC Affairs & Research Activities,
GITAM University, Visakhapatnam, A.P. – 530 045. India.
Mail Id. – email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mob. - +91 891-2840451.
Name : Dr. Gaurav Pant
Father’s Name : Shri. S.N.Pant
Date of Birth : 02.09.1983
Sex : Male
Marital Status : Married
Nationality : Indian
Languages Known : English, Hindi.
Permanent Address : Gaurav Pant
C/O Raj Typing Center, I.D.P.L.,
Durgha Mainder, Rishikesh, Dehradun – 249202