Contact Number: 9415972016
Area of Research Interest
- .Electrocatalysis, Corrosion, fuel cell, Green synthesis of nanoparticles for medical applications.
2002 Ph.D ( Physical Chemistry) Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
1996 M.Sc. (First div.) in Inorganic Chemistry, U.P. College Varanasi ( affiliated to Purvanchal Univ. Jaunpur)
1994 B.Sc. (First div.) in Chemistry, U.P. College Varanasi ( affiliated to Purvanchal Univ. Jaunpur)
Teaching Experience: ~12 Years (Including 6 years in GLA group)
2003-04 Lecturer Dr. Ghanshyam Singh Degree College, Soyepur, Varanasi
2004-06 Lecturer Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapeeth, Varanasi
2006-08 Lecturer Mahatma Gandhi Chitrakoot Gramodhay Vishwavidhyalaya Satna M.P.
2008-09 Lecturer United College of Engineering and Research, Naini Allahabad
2009-10 Asst. Professor GLA Institute of Technology & Management, Mathura
2010-11 Asst. Professor GLNA Institute of Technology, Mathura
2011-till date Asst. Professor GLA University, Mathura
Research Experience: 19 years (Including 6 years during Ph.D .)
- In synthesis of transition metal mixed oxides with spinel and perovskite families employed in electrocatalysis of water, fuel cells, etc.
- In development of composite conducting polymer electrodes for electrochemical reduction of organic pollutants,
- In development of corrosion resistant Zn and Zn-alloys coating on mild steel rebar in reinforced concrete.
- In interpretation of data based on XRD, TGA/DTA, CV, Tafel and impedance techniques, etc.
- Project Fellow BHU (D.S.T. New Delhi)
- Senior Research Fellow BHU (D.S.T. New Delhi)
- Senior Research Fellow (Ext) BHU (C.S.I.R. New Delhi)
- Research Associate BHU (C.S.I.R. New Delhi)
- Worked as an N.S.S. Officer in GLNA Institute of Technology, Mathura.
- Worked as a Chemistry laboratory In-charge in GLNA Institute of Technology, Mathura.
- Worked as a Class Advisor for 8 times.
- Working as a Dy. NSS Coordinator in GLA University.
- Working as a mentor for students of B.Tech. First Year.
Research Proposal Submitted: A project entitled “Phytofabrication and characterization of Au, TiO2 and nanoparticles with their biomedical applications” submitted to CSIR on 27/08/2015 as a Co-Principal Investigator.
Book Publication: 02
- 1. Engineering Chemistry, Educational Publishers, Agra, India (2015).
- 2. Environment & Ecology, Educational Publishers, Agra, India (2015).
Research Publications: 13
Total Citation: 207 Total Impact Factor: 36
Aromatic amines and hydrazides as corrosion inhibitors for paper-pulps industry, M.A. Quraishi, Ishtiaque Ahmad, B.Lal and Vakil Singh, The Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering, 34 (2009) 87 (Citation by in Scopus = Not found)
- N-(Pperidinomethyl)-3-[(pyridylidene)amino]isatine: A new and effective acid corrosion inhibitor for mild steel, M.A. Quraishi, Ishtiaque Ahmad, Ashish Kumar Singh Sudhish Kumar Shukla, B.Lal and Vakil Singh Materials Chemistry and Physics, 112 (2008)1035 (Cited in Scopus = 41)
- Preparation and Characterization of CuFe2-xCrxO4 (0≤ x ≤1.0) nano spinels for electrocatalysis of oxygen evolution in alkaline solutions, R.N. Singh, J.P. Singh, B. Lal, A.Singh; Int. J. of Hydrogen Energy, 32 (2007)11 (Cited by in Scopus = 07).
- New NiFe2-xCrxO4 spinel films for O2 evolution in alkaline solution, R.N. Singh, J.P. Singh, B. Lal, M.J.K. Thomos and S. Bera, Electrochimica Acta, 51 (2006) 5515. (Cited by in Scopus = 22).
- Transport behaviour of Cl- in composite films of polypyrrole and CoFe2O4 obtained for oxygen reduction. M. Malviya, J.P. Singh, B.Lal, and R. N. Singh; J. New Mat. Electrochem Sys 8(3) (2005) 221. (Citation by in Scopus = Not found)
- Electrocatalytic behavious of perovskite-type La1-xSrxCoO3 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.4) obtained by a novel stearic acid sol-gel method for electrocatalysis of O2 evolution in KOH solutions. B. Lal, M.K. Raghunandan, M. Gupta and R.N. Singh Int. J. Hydrogen Energy , 30 (2005) 723. (Cited by in Scopus = 12).
- Electrocatalytic activity of electrodeposited composite films of polypyrrole and CoFe2O4 nanoparticles towards oxygen reduction reaction. B. Lal, M. Malviya and R.N. Singh ectrochimica Acta, 49 (2004) 4605. (Cited by in Scopus = 38).
- Electrocatalytic properties of perovskite-type La1-xSrxMnO3 obtained by a novel sol-gel route for O2 evolution in KOH solutions. N.K. Singh, B.Lal and R.N. Singh; Int. J. Hydrogen Energy. 27 (2002) 885.(Cited by in Scopus = 01).
- High surface area lanthanum cobaltates and its A and B site substituted derivatives for electrocatalysis of O2 evolution in alkaline solution. R.N.Singh and B.Lal; Int. J. Hydrogen Energy. 27(2002)45. (Cited by in Scopus = 37).
- Electrocatalytic properties of Sr-doped LaMnO3 obtained by a new sol-gel route in relation to O2 evolution in alkaline solution. B.Lal, N.K. Singh and R.N. Singh; Ind. J. Chem. 40A(2001)1269. (Citation by in Scopus = Not found)
- Electrocatalytic characterization of new La1-xSrxCoO3 films on Pt for use as oxygen anode in alkaline solutions. R.N.Singh and B.Lal; Ind J. Chem. 40A (2001)1037. (Citation by in Scopus = 01)
- Sol-gel derived spinel MxCo3-xO4 (M = Ni, Cu; 0 ≤ x ≤ 1) films and oxygen evolution. R.N. Singh, J. P. Pandey, N. K. Singh, B. Lal, P. Chartier and J. F.Koenig; Electrochimica Acta, 45(2000) 1911. (Cited by in Scopus = 48).
- Preparation of CuxCo3-xO4 ( 0 ≤ x ≤ 1) by a new method and studies of their electrocatalytic properties towards oxygen evolution. B.Lal, N.K.Singh, S.Samuel and R.N.Singh; J. New Material For Electrochemical System.2(1999)59. (Cited by in Scopus = Not found).
- 36th Annual Convention of Chemists held at Calcutta during December 1999. International conference on Emerging challenges in Sciences held at United College of Engineering at Naini Allahabad on 13-14 Nov. 2008.
- National symposium on “organic synthesis: retrospect or prospect” held in the Department of Chemistry, Banaras Hindu University during January 19-20, 2001.
- Course on Fuel Cell-Principles and Applications sponsored by D.S.T. New Delhi, held from June 17-22, 2002 at the Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, Chennai.& Centre for Energy Research Spic Science Foundation, Chennai.
- “Chemistry from molecule to supramolecules” held in the Department of Chemistry, Banaras Hindu University during February 28-March 01, 2003.
- National conference on Chemistry for the development of newer materials held in the Department of Chemistry, Banaras Hindu University during February, 2004.
- National symposium on prevention of corrosion in steel structure. Held at NML Jamshedpur on 14-15 Dec. 2004.