Contact Number: 05662250909
Total 15 years 7 months of teaching experience.
- Presently working with “G.L.A. University”, Mathura since 1st March 2015 in the capacity of Professor (scale of pay 37400-67000 with AGP 10,000) in Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Worked with “G.L.A. University”, Mathura since 1st Sep. 2011 to 28th Feb 2015 in the capacity of Associate professor (scale of pay 37400-67000) in Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Worked with “G.L.A. Institute of Technology & Management”, Mathura since Sep. 2007 in the capacity of Reader in Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Worked in “G.L.A. Institute of Technology & Management”, Mathura since Sep 2005 to Sep. 2007 in the capacity of Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering Department.
- Worked as Lecturer in between Sep 1999 to Sep 2005 in Mechanical Engineering Department in “G.L.A. Institute of Technology & Management”
Computer Aided Design, Engineering Graphics, Machine Design-I, Machine Design-II, Fluid Mechanics, Engineering Drawing-I, Engineering Drawing-II, Machine Drawing-I and Machine Drawing-II.
Advanced Mechanics of Solids, Mechanics of composite Materials, Advanced CAD, Nanotechnology, and Finite Element Methods.
M Tech thesis supervision: 04
Awarded (01) Thesis Title- “Investigation of Process Parameters for EDM of Carbon fiber epoxy Composites”.
In Progress (03): GBTU-01, GLAU-02.
PhD thesis supervision: In progress (02)
01- GLA University, Mathura and 01- BITS Mesra Ranchi (Co guide)
- DSC, DMA, TG-DTA for thermo-mechanical and viscoelastic characterization of materials.
- Composite samples fabrication by wet layup (with and without hot press), vacuum bagging and autoclave molding.
- MTS for Material testing.
- Good practices in modeling and simulation in Material Studio 5.0 software.
- Life time member of ISTE.
- Faculty Associate Member of ASME student Chapter GLA University.
- Associate member of IIPE.
- Strong knowledge of Pro/Engineer Wild Fire 2.0 and Autocad-2008 as design, drafting, and manufacturing software’s.
- Knowledge of ANSYS 9.0 and HYPERMESH (Optistruct) as finite element analysis software’s.
- Knowledge of MATLAB, MINITAB.
- Member of Academic Council from August 2014.
- Mentor of MAITREE a sports event organized by GLA University at National level from 8-10 March 2014.
- Program coordinator of modular M.Tech. running by GBTU and GLAITM as study center.
- Program coordinator of Mechanical Engineering IInd Year GLA University. Mathura.
- President of Badminton club at GLA University level from 2011 to till date.
- Assistant Centre Superintendent from 2013-14 till date.
- Member of Board of Studies of the Department of Mechanical Engineering of G.L.A. University, Mathura from 2010 to till date.
- President of “Yantriki” a University level society for Mechanical Engineers from 2002 to till date.
- Proctor of Mechanical Engineering department from 2013 to till date and worked as a Member of proctorial board from July 2001 to July 2013.
- Worked as a regular Member of Flying SquadAppointed by UPTU from Jan 2005 to June 2007.
- Worked as Deputy Head in End Semester Evaluation done by UPTU in Jan 2006.
- PhD-Mechanical Properties of Carbon Fiber/ Functionalized Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes/ Epoxy Multiphase Composites: Modeling, Simulation and Characterization, Awarded from, MNNIT, Allahabad (A deemed University) August 2014.
- Course Work: I did my course work with the CPI of 8.5 (Subjects – Mechanics of Composite Materials, Nanotechnology).
- Passed Comprehensive Examination with satisfactory grade.
- Passed State of Art Seminar with satisfactory grade.
- Audit Course: I did Computational Material Science as an audit course.
- Thesis Topic: Mechanical Properties of Carbon fiber / Functionalized Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes/ Epoxy Multi Phase Composites: Modeling, Simulation, and Characterization.
- Supervisor: Dr. Mukul Shukla, B.E., M.E., Ph.D., I.I.T., Kanpur.
- Master of Technology from U.P. Technical University, Lucknow, in 2007 secured 7.83 CPI. (Thesis Supervisor:- Late Prof. S.B.L.Garg)
- Computer Aided Design - Optimization Techniques
- Industrial Design - Advanced Thermal Engineering
- Advanced Robotics - Computer Programming
M.Tech Project: Effective Database Implementation in CAD Software.
Training programs & achievements
- Participated in a two weeks STAFF DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM on CAD/FEM (21st July – 2nd Aug 2008) sponsored by All India Council of Technical Education and organized by Mechanical Engineering Department, MNNIT, Allahabad.
- The methodology followed comprised of lectures on relevant topics followed by practice / demonstration experiments in the same area, so that the participants could develop a holistic view of the theoretical as well as pragmatic approach.
- Participated in three days workshop on “Elements and Application of MATLAB in Engineering” (29-31 October 2010) organized by dept. of Mechanical Engineering of GLA University, Mathura India.
- Attended the workshop cum international conference on “Composites for 21st century current and future trends”, 4-7 January 2011, at IISC Bangalore. The course was sponsored by North Carolina A & T state university and Indian society for advancement of materials and process engineering.
- Participated in a one week Self-financed Short Term Course on CAE (11th July – 15th July 2013) sponsored by All India Council of Technical Education and organized by Mechanical Engineering Department, MNNIT, Allahabad.
- Attended ISTE-SRM Short Term Training Program on “Advances in Refrigeration, Air conditioning and Cryogenics” organized by Anand Engineering College, Keetham, Agra on 31st March to 6th April 2014.
- Attended DPAT-2015 Short Term Training Program on “Rapid Prototyping and Autodesk tools” organized by MNNIT, Allahabad from 27 Feb to 4th March 2015.
- I had designed the model of the nature friendly car (ELF ELECTRA) by using Pro/Engineer Wild Fire 2.0 (The news was published in Economic Times March 26, 2006).
- Engineering Drawing using CAD and Elements of MATLAB, 10-11 October 2009, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, GLAITM, Mathura.
- Elements and Application of MATLAB in Engineering, 29-31 October 2010 (part-1), Dept of Mechanical Engineering, GLA University.
- Elements and Application of MATLAB in Engineering, Nov. 27-28, 2010, (part-I1), Dept of Mechanical Engineering, GLA University.
- Two Day Workshop on "Analysis of Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer Problem with Ansys- CFX", March 14-15, 2015, Dept of Mechanical Engineering, GLA University.
- IIPE 37th Anniversary meet cum National Conference on “Global Competitiveness through Quick Response Manufacturing: Challenges and Opportunities for Indian Manufacturers”, 18-20 April 2014 (Convener).
- National conference on “Achieving excellence for industrial competitiveness”, 19-20 January 2013 (Convener).
- National conference on “Competitive manufacturing: strategies & decision support systems”, 05-06 November 2011 (Joint organizing Secretary).
- National Meet cum Round Table Conference on “Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development”, 26-27 February 2011. Research Promotion Cell, GLA University, Mathura.
- National Conference on “Eco-friendly manufacturing for Sustainable Development”, 19-21 November 2010, Institute of Engineering and Technology, GLA University, Mathura.
- 6th National conference on “Information Technology and Energy Management”, 20-21 February, 2010, GLAITM, Mathura.
- National Conference on “Advancement of Technologies – Global Scenario”, 25-26 Feb., 2007, G.L.A.I.T.M., Mathura. India
Refereed international journal
- Sharma, K.; Shukla, M., Molecular dynamics simulation of influence of amine functionalization on interfacial bonding characteristics of multi-walled carbon nanotube epoxy composites. Computational Materials Science, 2015 vol 99, pp. 232-241. SCI Journal Impact Factor – 1.974.
- Sharma, K.; Shukla, M., Processing, characterization, and modeling of amine functionalized carbon nanotubes incorporated carbon fiber/epoxy composites. Journal of Nanomaterials,vol. 2014, pp. 1-10. SCI Journal, Impact Factor – 1.574.
- Sharma, K.; Shukla, M., Molecular modeling of mechanical behavior of amine functionalized multiwalled carbon nanotubes/epoxy composites. New Carbon Materials 2014 vol 29 (2), pp132-142. SCI Journal, Impact Factor – 0.98.
- Sharma, K.; Shukla, M., Processing, characterization and modeling of multiscale three phase functionalized carbon nanotube-epoxy-carbon fiber composites. Computational Materials Science, (Under review). SCI Journal Impact Factor – 1.974.
- Mausam Kuwar, Tiwari Mohit, Sharma Kamal and Pratap Ravindra, Process parameter optimization for Maximum Material Removal Rate in High speed electro-Discharge machining IJCET, 2014, 3 (3), 239-244.
- Mohit Tiwari, Kuwar Mausam, Kamal Sharma, Ravindra Pratap Singh. Investigate the Optimal Combination of Process Parameters by Using a Grey Relational Analysis. Procedia Engineering2014 vol5, pp1736-1744.
- Mausam Kuwar, Sharma Kamal, Molecular dynamics simulation study of novel properties of defect full single walled carbon nanotubes. IJAIEM, 2013, 2 (2), 77-81.
- Sharma, K.; Saxena, K.; Shukla, M., Effect of multiple Stone-Wales vacancy defects on the mechanical behavior of carbon nanotube using molecular dynamics. Procedia Engineering 2012, 38, 3373-3380.
- Sharma K and Shukla M, Experimental Study of Mechanical Properties of Multi-scale Carbon fiber-Epoxy-CNT composites by, Advanced Materials Research Journal (ISSN: 1022-6680) pp.2723-2728.http://www.ttp.net/978-3-03785-295-8/46.html
- Calculation of fundamental Mechanical Properties of Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Using Non-local elastic by Kamal Sharma, Kuldeep Kumar Saxena, and Anil Kr.Srivastva. Advanced Materials Research Journal (ISSN: 1022-6680), pp.3840-3845.http://www.ttp.net/978-3-03785-295-8/65.html
- Mohit Tiwari, Kuwar Mausam, Kamal Sharma, Ravindra Pratap Singh. “Experimental Analysis of Electro-Discharge Machining Parameters for Minimum Tool Wear Rate on Machinability of Carbon Fiber/Epoxy Composites Using Taguchi Method”, International Journal of Engineering Research & Technology (IJERT), ISSN: 2278-0181, Vol. 2 Issue 10, 2013 pp. 3182-3188.
- Kuwar Mausam, Mohit Tiwari, Kamal Sharma, Ravindra Pratap Singh. “Process Parameter Optimization for Maximum Material Removal Rate in High Speed Electro-Discharge Machining”, International Symposium on Engineering and Technology, 9-10 January, 2014 organized by KJEI’s Trinity College of Engineering and Research, Pune. The paper is selected for publication in Applied Mechanics and Materials (AMM) journal as a special volume titled “Advanced Research in Design, Manufacturing and Materials”.
- Mohit Tiwari, Kuwar Mausam, Kamal Sharma. “Process Parameter Optimization of a High Speed Electro-Discharge Machining using a Taguchi Fuzzy-Based Approach”, International Conference on Mechanical Engineering: Emerging Trends for Sustainability, 29-31 January, 2014 organized by Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal.
- Payal S., Tiwari M., Sharma K. “ Design and analysis of a process plant piping system” International Symposium on Engineering and Technology, 9-10 January, 2914, 2014 organized by KJEI’s Trinity College of Engineering and Research, Pune.
- Mohit Tiwari, Kuwar Mausam, Kamal Sharma. “Development of Fuzzy Model for Process Parameter Optimization of a High Speed Electro-Discharge Machining”, Nirma University International Conference on Engineering, 28-30 November, 2013 organized by Nirma University, Ahmedabad in association with IEEE and Science-Direct. Paper is selected for publication in Elsevier-Procedia Engineering.
- K. Sharma, and M. Shukla. Molecular dynamics study of the effect of amine functionalization on the elastic properties of single and multiwall carbon nanotubes (accepted for publication) in the Eighth South African Conference on Computational and Applied Mechanics (SACAM-2012), Johannesburg, South Africa.
- K. Sharma, and M. Shukla. Effect of multiple Stone-Wales Vacancy Defects on the Mechanical behavior of Carbon Nanotube using molecular dynamics. All the accepted papers of ICMOC 2012 will proudly publish by Elsevier and is available on Science Direct. It will also be indexed by SCOPOUS &EI.
- K. Sharma, and M. Shukla . Molecular dynamics evaluation of mechanical properties of carbon nanotubes with number of Stone-Wales defects. International conference on Nano Science, Engineering and Technology (ICONSET 2011), 28-30 November 2011 IEEE Explore. pp 305-310.
- K. Sharma, M. Shukla and K.Saxena. Molecular Dynamics study of Mechanical Properties of Carbon-Nanotube reinforced LY556 composites. International conference on Nano-science and Technology, 14-16 October 2011, Singapore (Conference proceedings will be published by ASME, and paper will be included in ASME digital library, and Indexed by EI compendex, Thomson ISI proceedings). pp 470-474. http://asmedl.org/ebooks/asme/asme_press/859841/859841_paper77.
- K. Sharma, M. Shukla and K.Saxena Calculation of Elastic properties of PMMA/CNT using molecular Dynamics Study. International conference on Nano-science and Technology, 14-16 October 2011, Singapore (Conference proceedings will be published by ASME and paper will be included in ASME digital library, and indexed by EI compendex, Thomson ISI proceedings). pp 475-480. http://asmedl.org/ebooks/asme/asme_press/859841/859841_paper76
- K. Sharma, M. Shukla and K.Saxena. Calculation of fundamental Mechanical Properties of Single-walled Carbon Nanotube Using Non-local elastic. International Conference on Manufacturing science and Technology, 16-18 Sep, Singapore ((Indexed by Elsevier: SCOPUS www.scopus.com and EI Compendex (CPX) www.ei.org/. Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (CSA) www.csa.com, Chemical Abstracts (CA) www.cas.org)
- K. Sharma, M. Shukla and K.Saxena. Experimental Study of Mechanical Properties of Multi-scale Carbon fiber-Epoxy-CNT composites. International Conference on Manufacturing science and Technology, 16-18 Sep, Singapore (Which is indexed by Elsevier: SCOPUS www.scopus.com and EI Compendex (CPX) www.ei.org/. Cambridge Scientific Abstracts (CSA) www.csa.com, Chemical Abstracts (CA) www.cas.org.
- K. Sharma and M. Shukla. Micro-mechanics modeling and experimental study of Mechanical properties of Multiscale Carbon-fiber-epoxy-CNT-composites. International conference on Applied Mechanics and Materials Conference: Chicago, Illinois, May30-June01 2011 (ASME-2011), paper number-4346. http://www.asmeconferences.org/McMat2011/SearchPaperSchedule.cfm
- K. Sharma, M. Shukla and K.Saxena. Fabrication, Characterization and modeling of Amine Functionalized carbon nanotubes Carbon/fiber epoxy composites. International Conference on “NANO-Technology- Materials and composites for Frontier Applications. Bhartiya Vidyapeeth University, Pune-India, October 14-15, 2010, pp53-54.
- D.M.Reddy, K. Sharma and M. Shukla. Effect of Amine functionalized Multi-walled Carbon Nanotubes on the mechanical properties of Carbon Fiber/Epoxy composites. International Conference on Synthesis, Characterization, Consolidation and modeling of nano materials: PSG Coimbatore, INDIA, March 05-06, 2010, pp-222-227.
- K. Sharma, K.Mausam, J.Vimal Srivastva. CNT:-Strength behind composites: A Review. National conference on emerging Vistas of Mechanical Engineering in 21st century, Anand Engineering College, 4-5 April2011 (Published by NAROSA).
- K. Mausam, K. Sharma, M. Arif, and A.Agrawal. Future backbone of Development: GREEN Engineering and Technology. National conference on emerging Vistas of Mechanical Engineering in 21st century, Anand Engineering College, 4-5 April2011 (Published by NAROSA).
- Sharma K., Bhardwaj B. Analysis of Disc Brakes in transient thermo-elastic conditions using ANSYS. National Conference on Eco-Friendly Manufacturing for Sustainable Development, GLA University Mathura (U.P.) India, Nov 19,20and 21 2010, Paper no.58.
- Saxena K., Sharma K. Evaluation of Poisson’s Ratio of Carbon Nanotubes (CNT) in different directions. National Conference on Eco-Friendly Manufacturing for Sustainable Development, GLA University Mathura (U.P.) India, Nov 19,20and 21 2010, Paper No. 37.
- Sharma K. Effect of Nano-reinforcements on energy absorption Capabilities of Polymer Nano composites: A review. National Conference on Information Technology & Energy Management, GLAITM, Mathura (U.P.) INDIA, Feb 21-22, 2010, pp-45-49.
- Sharma K. Effective Database Implementation on CAD Software. National Conference on Emerging Trends of Mechanical Engineering, GLAITM, Mathura (U.P.) INDIA, Feb 23-25, 2009, pp61-64.
- Sharma K., Yadav G. Need of Flexible Manufacturing System in Today’s Scenario.. National Conference on Advance Manufacturing Process – GLAITM, Mathura (U.P.) INDIA, Feb 21-23, 2007.
- Bajaj R., Sharma K. and Mangla P. Surface Finish Optimization in honing proces, National Conference on Manufacturing Technology – HCST, Agra (U.P.) INDIA, Feb 04-05, 2006, pp76-78.