Contact Number: 9412876379
Date of Birth:
October 26, 1949.
Mohd. Qayamuddin (Late)
Department of Electrical Engineering
Z.H. College of Engg. & Tech.
Aligarh Muslim University, ALIGARH 202002
4/1301 New Sir Syed Nagar,
Civil Lines, ALIGARH 202002
Cell +919412876379 and +919997675110
TEACHING & RESEARCH EXPERIENCE: 42 year plus.
1986 Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) from Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, India
Title of Thesis: "Investigations into the Design of Power System Stabilizer".
AREAS OF INTEREST:
- Power System Operation and Control
- Power System Dynamics and Stability
- Control Systems
- Advanced Power System Analysis,
- Power System Operation & Control,
- Power System Stability,
- Power System Dynamics,
- Power Apparatus Modelling.
- Computer Methods in Power System Analysis.
- Power System Analysis
- Power System Engineering.
- Transmission and Distribution of Electrical Energy.
- Generation and Utilization of Electrical Power
- Applied System Engineering (First course in Control Systems).
- Circuit Theory.
- Electrical Machines (Electrical Technology – Mechanical stream students)
MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES:
IEEE - Member upto 2015.
Institution of Engineers (India) - Fellow
System Society of India - Life Member
FOREIGN ASSIGNMENT: University of Bahrain from Sept.1991 to July 1996.
COUNTRIES VISITED: USA, Bahrain, Oman, UAE and Saudi Arabia.
- Guided more than 60 B.Tech. Projects.
- Guided more than 25 M.Tech. Dissertation and Projects.
- Guided one Ph.D. student on the topic: “Estimation of Partial Discharges at Different Pressures in the Ambient Medium of Air, Nitrogen and Sulfer-Hexaflouride”.
Journals = 8
Conferences = 22
SHORT TERM COURSE:
Attended: Attended several Short Term Courses on Power Systems during 1975 and 1986 at I.I.T., Kanpur, I.I.T. Delhi, I.I.T. Madras and at I.I.Sc. Bangalore.
- Organizing member of a Short Term Course on 'Computerized Operation and Control of Modern Power System', held at Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh, Dec. 9-21, 1985. Delivered lectures on Power System Stability in this short-term course.
- Joint Coordinator in a Short Term Course on 'High Voltage Engineering and Insulation Systems as Applied to Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering', held at Electrical Engg. Dept. A.M.U. Aligarh, Dec. 7-29, 2000.
- Joint Coordinator in a Short Term Course on 'Recent Trends in Insulation Technology', held at Electrical Engg. Dept. A.M.U. Aligarh, Jan. 20 - Feb. 01, 2002.
DEVELOPMENT & ADMINISTRATIVE WORK:
Department Level (at A.M.U. Aligarh):
- Setting up of Power System Simulation Laboratory
- Setting up of several experiments on Digital Simulation of Power Systems for B.Tech. and M.Tech. courses.
- Worked as a member in the Lab. Development Committee from 1988 to 1991.
- Worked as Coordinator Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Five-Year Plan Proposal Committee.
- Worked as Coordinator of Departmental Research Committee.
- Worked as Coordinator of Course Structure and Syllabus Revision Committee.
- Worked as a member of Departmental Moderation Committee since 1997.
- Worked as Lab. Superintendant in the department from. 2001 to 2013.
- Worked as In-charge of Power System group in the department.
Department Level (at University of Bahrain 1991-1996):
- Incharge library and Text-Book Purchase Committee (1992 to 1994).
- Member departmental Lab. Development Committee (1992 to 1994)
- Member departmental Academic Committee (1994 to 1996).
- Member departmental Research Committee (1993 to 1995).
University Level (at A.M.U. Aligarh):
- Worked as warden in the Student's Hall of Residences in S.S. Hall and Allama Iqbal Hall of the University from 1984 to 1990.
- Worked as Officer Incharge in the University Telephone Department from 1986 to 1990.
- Worked as Hony. Incharge of Library and Book-Bank, Z.H. College of Engg. & Tech., A.M.U. Aligarh from 2002 to 2014.
- Worked as Member-in-Charge of University Electricity Department from 2010 to 2013, during this period major development work was carried out in university buildings to the tune of Rs. 8 crore.
- Worked as Coordinator TEQIP-II – World Bank project awarded to Z.H. College of Engg. & Tech. A.M.U. Aligarh. An amount of Rs. 10 crore was received and fully utilized.
- Worked as core committee member in the development of self assessment report (SAR) of all B. Tech, programmes of the College on outcome based education (OBE) system. The same was submitted to NBA, New Delhi in August, 2014. All the B.Tech. program were accredited for five years.
ADIMINISTRATIVE WORK OUTSIDE A.M.U. ALIGARH:
- Subject Expert for selection committees of UPSC, New Delhi. Also acted as paper-setter for engineering service examination (IES).
- Subject Expert for selection committees of Public Service Commissions of UP and Uttrakhand.
- Acted as paper-setter for engineering service examination of Public Service Commissions of Punjab, J&K, Odisha and Uttrakhand.
- Worked as subject expert for UGC in various technical committees.
- Working as subject expert in AICTE / NBA Accreditation team since 2004.