Contact Number: 9694519036
Area of Research Interest
Opto electronics, Photonics, Nano technology, Solar cells and renewable energy
PhD (2016) (Submitted): Malaviya National Institute of Technology (MNIT), Jaipur, Rajasthan India
M.Tech. (2011): Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology (MANIT), Bhopal, M.P, India
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Analysis of Light Trapping in thin film GaAs solar cells using 2D Photonic Crystal Structures at front surface”, Accepted, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics, Jan., 2017.
- N.D. Gupta, V. Janyani and M. Mathew "Light trapping in p-i-n superlattice based InGaN/GaN solar cells using photonic crystal", Optical and Quantum Electronics, Springer, vol. 48, issue 11, pp. 502 (1-17), DOI 10.1007/s11082-016-0775-8, Nov. 2016.
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Simulation and analysis of the absorption enhancement in p-i-n InGaN/GaN solar cell using photonic crystal light trapping structures” , Optical Engineering, SPIE, vol. 55(10), 107102, Oct., 2016.
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Design and Optimization of Efficient Photonic Crystals Diffraction Grating based Light Trapping Structure for GaAs Thin Film Solar Cell”, Journal of Nano-electronics and Optoelectronics, ASP, vol. 11, issue 4, pp. 407-415, 2016.
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Optical and electrical simulation studies of GaAs thin film Solar cell using 2D Photonic Crystals”, Journal of Nano-electronics and Optoelectronics, ASP, vol. 11, issue 3, pp. 368-376, 2016.
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Dense wavelength division demultiplexing using photonic crystal waveguides based on cavity resonance”, Optik-International Journal of Light and electron Optics, Vol. 125, Issue 19, p.5833-5836, Oct. 2014
- D. Bhatia and N. D. Gupta, “Design of Different Demultiplexers for Wavelength Division Multiplexing Systems Based On Photonic Crystal Waveguide”, International Journal of Innovative Research in Computer and Communication Engineering, Vol. 2, Issue 2, p.3001-3014, February 2014
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Lambertian and Photonic Light Trapping Analysis with Thickness for GaAs Solar Cells based on 2D Periodic Pattern”, Under Revision, IET-Optoelectronics, Dec., 2016.
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Analysis of Effectiveness of Photonic Crystals Diffraction Grating and Distributed Bragg Reflector based Back Light Trapping Structure for GaAs Thin Film Solar Cell”, Under Revision, IETE Journal of Research, Nov., 2016.
- N.D. Gupta, V. Janyani, M. Mathews, Monika, R. Singh. “Design and Fabrication of InGaN/GaN Superlattice based Solar Cell using Photonic Crystal Structure at the Front Surface”, Journal of Optics Communication, Dec., 2016 (Under Review).
- M. Radhouene, M. Najjar, S. M. Mirjalili, N. D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Design and Simulation Twelve Channels Optical Demultiplexer Based on Two Dimensional Photonic Crystal Resonant Filters”, Telecommunication Systems, Springer, Oct., 2016 (Under Review).
- N.D.Gupta and V.Janyani, "Efficiency Enhancement in Thin Film GaAs Solar Cell Using Photonic Crystals as Reflection and Diffraction Gratings for Light Trapping", Springer Proceedings in Physics, Recent Trends in Materials and Devices, vol. 178, pp. 319-323, Noida (India), Oct. 2016, Editors: V.K. Jain, S. Rattan, A. Verma. (Best Paper Award).
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Absorption enhancement in p-i-n superlattice based InGaN/GaN solar cell using Photonic Crystals”, Conference on Advanced Material Processing-2015, MNIT, Jaipur, Dec. 2015.
- N. D. Gupta, V. Janyani, G. Singh, and H. Tsuda, "Design and Analysis of Low Loss Highly Efficient Light Trapping Structure for GaAs Thin Film Solar Cells using Photonic Crystals as Diffraction Grating," in Frontiers in Optics 2015, OSA Technical Digest (online) (Optical Society of America, 2015), paper FTu3C.4, San Jose, CA USA
- N. D. Gupta and V. Janyani, "Design and Simulation of Light Trapping in Thin Film GaAs Solar Cell using Photonic Crystals as back reflector," in 12th International Conference on Fiber Optics and Photonics, OSA Technical Digest (online) (Optical Society of America, 2014).
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Study and possible modifications of various designs for Photonic Crystals based thin film solar cells”, IONS-Asia 6, Kaharagpur, 10-12 Dec., 2014.
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Efficiency Enhancement in the thin film GaAs solar cell using Photonic Crystal as a back reflector”, IEEE Conference Proceedings, WRAP’13, IIT, New Delhi ,India, Dec.17-18, 2013.
- Massoui Radhouene, Najjar Monia, Nikhil Deep Gupta, Vijay Janyani, "Optimization of Three Channels Optical Demultiplexer Based On Photonic Crystal Ring Resonator", IEEE Conference on Recent Advances in Lightwave Technology, Bengaluru, India, 21-23 Sept. 2016.
- A. Jakhar, N. D. Gupta, V. Janyani, "Study of Light Trapping in Solar cells based on Perovskite materials", OSA YSC on Photonic Technologies, MNIT, Jaipur, India, p.32-34, April, 2016
- N.D. Gupta and V. Janyani, “Photonic Light Trapping in p-i-n InGaN/GaN Solar Cell with 2D periodic pattern”, IETE Zonal Seminar (North), MNIT, Jaipur (Raj.), 5th March, 2016.
Ph.D Thesis Supervised
Awarded/ Completed : NIL
Working : NIL
Postgraduate Thesis Supervised
Completed/ Awarded : NIL
Working : NIL
Membership of professional bodies
- Member, OSA-the Optical Society of America.
- Member, SPIE-the Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers
- Member, IAENG-International Association for the Engineers and the Computer Scientists
- 2015, Won best poster paper award in the event, International Conference on Recent Trends on Materials and Devices (ICRTMD)-2015, held at Amity University, Noida (U.P.), during 15th-17th Dec., 2015.
- Jan., 2013-Dec., 2016, Got MHRD Scholarship to pursue Ph.D. in Engineering.
- 2012, Successfully completed the DRDO sponsored project “Design and Simulation of Tunable Photonic Crystals for novel All Optical applications” as JRF at MNIT, Jaipur
- 2011, Got first rank in the M.Tech in the dept. of Energy at MANIT, Bhopal.
- 2010, Become the Executive Member of the Student Council of MANIT, Bhopal.
- 2009-2011, Got MHRD Scholarship to pursue Post Graduation in Engg.
- 2008, Become the student editor of the college magazine named The STEM.
- 2006-2008, Scholarship for standing first in B.E. second and third year
Conferences/ Seminars/Workshops Attended
- 2016, Participated in Train the Trainer program on Optical Fiber conducted by Telecom Sector Skill Council, Gurgaon at Malaviya NIT, Jaipur (Raj.).
- 2016, Participated in INUP Familiarization Workshop conducted by IISc, Bangalore held at MNIT, Jaipur.
- 2016, Participated in IETE Zonal Seminar (North), during 5th March, 2016.
- 2015, Participated in Workshop on Nanolithography and Nanofabrication, co-organized by Raith, Germany and IIT, Delhi at Delhi, India.
- 2015, Participate in INUP Hand on training program at IIT, Bombay Nano-Fabrication facility.
- 2014, Participated in Photonics-2014 and IONS-Asia 6 at IIT, Kharagpur.
- 2014, Participated in Short term course on emerging Technologies: Electronic Devices and Materials, held at Malaviya NIT, Jaipur (Raj.)
- 2014, Participated in INUP –II, First Familiarization Workshop held at IIT, Bombay Nano-Fabrication facility.
- 2014, Participated in the DST-SERC School on Nonlinear Optics and Materials, held at SSN Engg. College, Chennai organized by DST, India.
- 2013, Participated in the in the International Conference on Communication and Electronics Design and Systems (ICCESD-2013), held at Malaviya NIT, Jaipur (Raj.).
- 2010, Took part in the Delhi International Renewable Energy Conference held at Delhi.
- 2010, Took part in the Short course on Solar PV Technologies conducted by IIT, Bombay.