One of North India's leading private Universities, GLA University began its journey in 1998 at Mathura (U.P.) and since 2010 it has continued to expand its academic footprint in a wide range of disciplines. GLA University was established vide Act No. 21 of 2010 by the Government of Uttar Pradesh. With over 10,000 students and almost 500 faculty, the University offers a wide range of undergraduate and post-graduate courses in disciplines like Engineering, Technology, Pharmaceutical Science, Biotechnology, Management and Computer Applications, and has been consistently ranked as a top performer at the national and state level.
An evaluation team from the Bar Council of India visited GLA University campus to assess the quality of faculty, library, classrooms and infrastructure. Based on the team’s report, the Bar Council of India was pleased to grant approval to the Institute of Legal Studies & Research, GLA University.
Graduates of both programmes will be able to practice civil, corporate and criminal law as well as work with business houses, law firms, Government Institutions & bodies, NGOs as standing counsel and legal representatives. They may also advance to pursue a judicial career.
GLA University's Training & Placement cell takes pride in supporting our students with placements with prestigious employers like Infosys, TCS, Wipro, CapGemini, JK Tyres, Voltas, ICICI Bank, Deloitte, HDFC Bank, Bajaj Allianz, Indiabulls, Apollo Munich and many more. We provide PDP (personality development programme), hands-on training & internships. Graduating students will be facilitated in pursuing internships and placements with leading legal firms.
UNIQUE FEATURES OF THE INSTITUTE OF LEGAL STUDIES AND RESEARCH
• Innovative, dynamic curriculum responding to the current needs of the global legal profession
• Clinical pedagogy with practical approach
• Exclusive enrichment, value-added, skill development and supplementary courses
• Interaction with renowned lawyers, judges, law professionals, teachers and scholars
• Opportunities to participate in National, International events as seminars, moot courts etc.
• Courses taught by highly trained, experienced faculty and reputed law professionals
• Excellent Library and Learning Resource Center with prestigious journals and access to online legal databases
• Wi-Fi enabled campus with 24-hour internet connectivity in hostels and classrooms