MBA - Logistics and Supply Chain Management
||Recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 Yrs duration. Obtained at least 50% in the qualifying Examination
||On the basis of performance in GLAET (An online MCQ test of 90 minutes duration.) & Preference will be given to high scorer of CAT,MAT,XAT,UPSEE etc.
||Fee is Rs. 1,01,500 per semester & Rs. 2, 00,000 per annum
About the Course
MBA-Logistics and Supply Chain Management
MBA-Logistics and supply chain management program aims at delivering the required domain knowledge through a unified form of classroom mentoring and practical training. The aim of the program is to prepare the students to be industry ready. During the program students shall undergo an industry oriented internship giving them an overview of the industry (Supply chain & logistics), processes (Warehousing, Transportation, Packaging, Scanning, Cross-docking, Inventory management, Material Handling, Transshipment, and Documentation etc.) and verticals (3PL, VMI, Retail, E-Commerce, and Manufacturing etc.). This program is being run in collaboration with the well known industry partner Safeducate, a specialist in Supply Chain and Logistics training, in order to develop real time SCM expertise supported by academic excellence of institute of business management, GLA University.
The program is especially designed and developed for graduate students with specialized industry knowledge in the field of logistics and Supply chain management. This program helps the students to sharpen their skills and leverage the advantage for industry. This program is designed to create a bridge between academia and industry. This program also helps industry to identify the best talent who will shape future supply chains.
India is one of the fastest growing economies in Asia and the entire world, especially in the field of supply chain and logistics industry. Today, SCM is emerging as a full-fledged discipline and there are ample opportunities and managerial positions awaiting on the door steps of those who possess expertise in the field of SCM. Also the E- Commerce companies, such as Flipkart Jabong, Snapdeal and ebay among others are witnessing a continuous CAGR growth of 67%, and currently employing 16.74 million employees, with a future demand of trained manpower projected at 26.04 million employees by 2022, the demand for trained manpower is on the rise.
Choose a career in logistics and supply chain management
Today, successful companies rely on the skills of supply chain management professionals to keep their goods and services flowing to the marketplace quickly, efficiently, and as cost-effective as possible. Supply chain management is a bright spot among up-and-coming careers, with employment opportunities in a wide variety of industries, in firms of all sizes. If one is interested in a challenging career with a variety of specializations, as well as prospects for advancement, he/she might want to check out supply chain management.
Possible career options
- Logistics and distribution manager
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Supply Chain Manager
- Supply Chain Consultant
- Sales Order Planner
- Master Scheduler
- Demand Planner
- Production Planner
- Assistant Buyer / Purchasing Assistant Buyer
- Purchasing Consultant / Procurement Consultant
- Documentation controller
- Delivery operations executive
- Business development executive
- Ware house executive
- Inventory controller
- Transport coordinator
- VMI coordinator
- E-commerce operation executive
Safeducate, a specialist in Supply Chain and Logistics training, was launched by the house of Safexpress in 2007, with an aim to meet the continuously evolving needs of the workforce of the growing logistics sector. Led by the alumni of Stanford and Cambridge University, the team blends rich operational experience of the supply chain arena with international know-how and best practices to create programs which are extremely stimulating, hands on and practical.
This learning institute, backed by a team of highly experienced Consultants as well as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) offers unique platform through its enriching programs and courses by which participants/ students are able to learn logistics and supply chain knowledge, exchange ideas and experiences on corporate operations, broaden their sights and enhance their skills to face day-to-day challenges.
- Exposure to diverse industry verticals and benchmarked management practices Established track record for enhancing performance and productivity
- Possess both intellectual and physical infrastructure to cater to the current needs of the industry
- Committed to innovative technology and teaching methods, Safeducate courses & programs come in flexible formats
- Fosters a high learning environment where people have the opportunity to excel and exceed and where they can develop themselves as positive, highly competent and effective individuals
- A unique blend of entrepreneurial, consulting and corporate expertise
- Live projects
- Soft skills sessions
- SCM games and simulation
- Guest lecture sessions by industry experts
- Training methodology 40:60 (theory vs. practical)
- Course curriculum designed and endorsed by industry experts and academia
- 45 days internship (exclusively with safexpress)
- Industrial visits
- On the job training
- Focus on rigorous workplace training
- 100% pre placement assistance*
- Add-on workshops on latest industry trends
- Core concepts of supply chain management
- Logistics and Transportation management
- Performance metrics and Modelling in supply chain
- Technological developments in supply chain
- Procurement and Purchasing in supply chain
- Production and Distribution management
Eligibility: Candidate who has passed graduation with at least 50% can apply for this course.
Admission process: On the basis of performance in GLAET (An online MCQ test of 90 Minutes duration)
Academic Fee:Fee is Rs. 1,01,500 per semester & Rs. 2, 00,000 per anum
Call @ 9897979330 for further clarification and admission.