Department of Electrical Engineering
The department offers a vibrant environment for education and research in electrical engineering. Our mission is to provide quality education in the field of Electrical Sciences and help the students to design and develop products and practical solutions for problems in public and private sectors. Department of Electrical Engineering is currently offering B. Tech. in Electrical Engineering (EE) and Electrical & Electronics Engineering (EN); M. Tech. in Electrical Engineering and Ph. D. in various areas of Electrical Engineering.
From Academic Session 2017-18, We are offering two new job oriented courses
- B. Tech. in Energy Systems and
- M. Tech. in Energy systems
Since its inception, this department has contributed significantly to the growth of Electrical Engineering education and research in India. Many alumni of the department have distinguished themselves in academic institutions, research laboratories, industries and government organizations, both in India and abroad.
The Department has online access to IEEExplore digital library, IEL, Science Direct, Springer and other online journals. Softwares like MATLAB, ETAP, PSPICE and PSIM are available with the Department in order to accelerate the research. Laboratories are fully operational and well equipped with latest equipments to make the students understand the practical aspect of electrical science. Faculty members are dedicated scholars from IITs, NITs and other premier institutes and are committed to advancement of knowledge.
Electrical Engineering is one of the fastest growing fields that involves the study and application of electricity and electronics. It is the most interesting branch of engineering because it involves the study of computer, electrical and electronics and communication. Electrical engineering deals with generation, transmission and distribution of electricity.
Job opportunities are ample in both private and public sectors like railways, civil aviation, electricity board and utility companies, electrical design and consultancy firms and all types of manufacturing industries.
Top recruiters for Electrical Engineering at GLA are:
- KEC international Limited
- Welspun India Limited
- Mohan Energy Corporation Pvt. Ltd.
- Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd.
- Jindal Steel and Power Limited
- C & S Electric Limited
- VVDN Technologies
- Shriram Piston and Rings Limited
- Baja Group
- Sterling & Wilson Limited
- Torrent Power Limited
- Fully operational laboratories with latest softwares and hardwares
- State – o f – the – Art classrooms
- Excellent student – teacher ratio
- Strong Industry – Institute Interaction
- Highly skilled staff
- High placement percentage
- Strong Alumni base
- Graduates will learn the basics of Electrical and Electronics Engineering disciplines for their successful career in the areas like power generation, non-renewable energy resources, circuit designing and many more.
- Graduates will be able to acquire enough knowledge to pursue higher studies and contribute to research in the discipline and carry out developments relevant to the industry and be globally competitive.
- Graduates will achieve managerial skills, develop team spirit & leadership qualities and be responsible to environment & society.