Clubs, Happenings & Innovations
‘Pebble’ is an e – newsletter of CE department. ‘Pebble’ is a platform through which students, faculty members & staff can showcase their strength and move towards positive directions.
Civil engineering is arguably the oldest engineering discipline. It deals with the built environment and can be dated to the first time someone placed a roof over his or her head or laid a tree trunk across a river to make it easier to get across.
The Civil engineers mainly concern with field job. Thus there was a requirement of such society which mainly deal with that type of tasks which would help an engineer proffesionly as well as personaly.
How a club works
- Explores civil engineering during meetings that last about an hour
- Connects the students to real-world civil engineering experiences such as: hearing from professional engineers and engineering college students, going on field trips, and taking part in community service projects.
- Partnerships and Teamwork
Society of Civil Engineers NIRMAN
This is a society of Civil Students. This is successfully run by Prof. & Head Dr. Sudhir Kumar Goyal & Mrs.Ekta Tripathi.
Happenings at the department
Through their forum “NIRMAN”, the students of the department participate in technical and extra-curricular activities such as
- Paper/poster presentation
- Model making
- Auto-cad drafting
- Cultural activities etc.
NIRMAAN Bridge Making & Dream your GLA
In addition, Civil Engineering Consortium enables the Department to receive feedback from the student representatives in academic and related issues.
- Industrial Visit of 4th Yr. students at Arvind Techno Engineering (P) Ltd.
- Industrial Visit of 3rd Yr. students in CSIR-CRRI, DELHI on 26 sept. 2018.
In January 2016, a construction company named "KRATOS & WHIZ CONSTRUCTIONS PVT LTD" has been started by the student of B.Tech (Civil Engg.) 3rd Year of GLA University named Prashant Thakur, Rahul Jadon, Pradeep Singh, Mahesh Garg and Rishabh Goyal. It was difficult to take this step because of student life but they faced all the problems and finally flourished to establish their own construction company in the city "Mathura".
List Of the Guest Lectures & Seminars
- Guest Lecture by Dr. Seema Bhadoria , Associate Professor RBS College, Agra.
- Guest Lecture by Er. Arvind Mittal, Deputy Chief Engineer in Northern Railway Head Quarters, Baroda House, New Delhi on “Civil Engineering Applications in Indian Railways” on August 14th (Wednesday), 2018.
- Guest Lecture by Mr. Parminder Bhalla (Director) BGSB on "Flooring Techniques" on Sept. 7 (Friday), 2018.
- Guest Lecture by Er. A. K. Sharma, Ex Director General CPWD on "Durability of Concrete" on Sept.8 (Saturday), 2018.
- Seminar on "Job opportunites in construction, real estate, infrastructure and project (CRIP) sector" by Mr. Ashish Yadav( Head planning & Preconstruction, Senergy India, New Delhi), Dr. Milind Padtare (Dean NICMAR Pune), Dr. Rajesh Goyal (Dean NICMAR Delhi). on sept.27 (Thursday). 2018.
- Guest Lecture by Mr. Shrutiniwas Sharma, Assist. Prof. RICS School of Construction, Noida on "What change has BIM technology brought in Indian construction industry" on Oct. 16 (Wednesday), 2018.
- Guest Lecture by Mr. Rajesh Goyal (Dean NICMAR Delhi). on " Construction & Management of High Rise Structures" on Nov.19 (Monday), 2018.
Faculty Developement Programme
- 30 Hr/ 2 Week FDP on Staadpro, Watergems, and MX Road in Civil Engineering Department's centre of excellence was conducted from 17-31 August 2018 by Bentley.
Letter of Appreciation from the Human Resource Development Department
Government of India